I took a sample of this dish to a recent Thermomix cooking class and everyone loved it so I thought I best share the love! I like to serve this with pearl (giant) couscous and a dollop of greek yoghurt although having said that, this is just as great on it’s own.
- 2 large onions, peeled & halved.
- 50g olive oil.
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, end removed & chopped coarsely.
- 2 sticks of celery, diced.
- 1/2 tsp each of – ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground turmeric.
- 1 tsp ground coriander.
- 800g cooked chickpeas (2 x 400g tinned & drained).
- 400g tin of diced tomatoes.
- 1 cup chopped parsley.
- tsp sea salt (himalayan if possible).
- 250g chicken or vegetable liquid stock (or 250g water with 1 tbsp Fast&Easy vegetable stock paste).
- Place the red pepper & celery in the TM bowl and chop 2 Sec/Speed 5. Put aside.
- Place onions into the TM bowl and chop 3 Sec/Speed 5.
- Add oil, celery, red pepper and spices. Sauté 5 mins/Varoma temp/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 15 mins/100 temp/Reverse/Speed Spoon.
- Transfer to a thermoserver if you have one and allow to sit for 10-15 mins.
This is very happy alongside rice or couscous and a dollop of greek yoghurt.